Friday, June 25, 2010

More Shopping!

So yesterday, I finally went to investigate a sign I'd kept driving past advertising an indoor flea market. At first I got lost because I hadn't paid very good attention to the information on the sign, so I stopped at a nearby mall to get lunch and walk around a little. I went to the dollar store there, and they actually sold clothes, though most were in the range of two or three dollars. Lo and behold, there was one pair of shortalls! They were only three dollars so I excitedly snapped them up...and then got home to find out they didn't fit. I think if I had looked at them more critically I would have realized that without needing to try them on, but they were so cute that I was doing wishful thinking. The top portion zips off, and has a big pocket on the front that's set at an angle, and then the fastener for the strap in the back looks kinda like old-fashioned suspenders. It also had an elastic band running along the waistband in the back, which I thought was very little kid-ish. But alas! I do not fit into a size one, and I should have realized this! At least I'm only out three bucks, though.

I looked up directions to this flea market while I was at the mall, and then made my way there. It was one of those disappointing flea market "malls," where they charge more for booths so you only have people with businesses there, not just your average person looking to sell some of their unused/unwanted stuff. That having been said, I did find two things that I'm pretty excited about!

The first is a pacifier that has a pretty decently-sized nipple. It's a brand called "Soother," and seems like the relatively cheapy sort that you could find at a dollar store. But look at it in comparison to a Nuk 3 (on the left):



The bulb at the end isn't as large, but the nipple is a lot longer. I really like it! Will it fall apart after using it a few times? Well, maybe, but you get what you pay for.

I also found more cute underwear! I'm always on the lookout for these, because it's sort of difficult to find it in sizes that will fit me. Those racecar ones actually came in a pack in which the others were solid-colored. So when I found a pack in which every pair had fun designs, I knew I had to get it!



I am so in love with these. I may not be the most sporty person in the world, but I do love puppies and Volkswagens! And these really do look like the sort of underwear kids wore when I was physically five, as opposed to just mentally. XD

Tomorrow I'm going to what I'm hoping will be a real flea market, so who knows what I'll find? You also oughta be able to expect a diaper review from me soon, i.e., whenever I actually go out and buy the ones I've been thinking of getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment